Friday, July 10, 2009

Fourth Festivities



We had a very relaxing Fourth of July, which was just what we needed. For the first time in years, Marty had the day off from work. He took the boys to a large auto show in the morning, where they saw all sorts of loud motorized things and even got to make their own model Corvettes!



Picnic in the backyard for dinner.



I've always wanted to make one of these patriotic Jello desserts. Just once.





After dinner, we drove to a nearby small town to see the renowned annual fireworks display. We were not disappointed! We managed to get a perfect viewing spot, away from the crowds but quite close to the action. The show was VERY impressive. Isaac spent the first half of it in the van (he decided this year that fireworks are too loud,) but ventured out after a while.

Notice Grace's viewing posture:



Grace surprised me, though. She went from "Done! Go home!" to "Wow! Pretty! I wike it!!" in less than ten minutes. She wants to do it again; every day now she tells me "It's a fireworks day!"

3 comments:

Lara said...

Where are the vaca pics... I'm dying to hear how your vacation went. The coast is one of our favorite places to visit.

Brennen's fireworks pose is much like Grace's.

meow said...

I agree with Isaac-fireworks are too loud and scary. I made David drive me home before they started.

rachel said...

I've always wanted to make one of those jello desserts...I've never admitted it, but your right I'll do it once and I will feel better :)