Monday, December 1, 2008

Let the Countdown Begin


Hello December!



Inspired by Ali Edwards, I put together this "December Daily" mini-album last week. It will feature our daily activities/traditions/preparations for Christmas during this month. A great way to document the magical little moments that might otherwise be overlooked in the rush to get things bought, wrapped, shipped, baked, cleaned, written, caroled, decorated, and serviced. (I don't believe in rushing, but unfortunately it seems to believe in me.)



Most importantly, I want it to be a reminder that this season isn't about "things" at all - it's about time: time with family, time pondering about our Savior's birth and life, and time given in service to others. I hope this month will be time spent meaningfully.



December 1st: Christmas music makes cleaning house so much more enjoyable. Even the dishes - and that's a tall order.

3 comments:

Andelin said...

I'm so jealous! I bet that's a great CD. :) And writing down things you do each day is a GREAT idea. :) Thanks for sharing.

Matt and Monae Curtis said...

What a cute idea! I have a store bought book that we got last year. It doesn't have nearly the personality that your does!

rachel said...

Love this idea!!