Friday, October 30, 2009

Milestones


On Saturday, October 10th, Jacob was baptized and confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Marty performed the ordinance and gave Jacob a beautiful blessing. We were thankful to have most of my family in town for the occasion. My father and my brother David were able to assist in the confirmation. I can't believe my "baby" boy has reached this important milestone already. We are so proud of you, Jacob!




The next day, Sunday, we blessed our baby Abram in Sacrament meeting. It was truly a special weekend for us as we reflected on the past eight years with Jacob - how much he has grown in both body and spirit - and at the same time, celebrated this brand new life.






What a wonderful time this has been for our family! These are the moments that shine through the monotony and difficulties of everyday life, and make it all worth it.

4 comments:

nikki said...

love your blog today - it is all so true! I remember when Jacob was a newborn! congratulations Jacob and Abram.

meow said...

Congratulations! I can't believe Jacob is 8 years old. I remember him snuggling on my lap in Sacrament meeting. And Abram looks to beautiful in his blessing outfit. We miss you!

Brittany Roscheck said...

I am so happy that Ryan and I were able to be there. What a special time for your family.

Andelin said...

What a nice weekend that must have been! It just so happens that we might be doing the same thing in Febrary. Cameron turns 8 in January, a few weeks after our baby will be born. I'm really looking forward to it.