Friday, October 2, 2009

Profile of a Newborn



...or my favorite things about this stage:





Big yawns.



Superman stretches.



The wide-eyed look he gives me when he wakes up, which seems to say "Where am I, and how did I get here?"



The way he just drapes himself on me and falls asleep.



Fuzzy baby hair that smells like vanilla after a bath.



Tiny baby feet.



That pursed-lip, wrinkled-forehead face he makes when he stretches.



Fleeting, sleepy smiles.



Snuggles with Mommy.



And of course, the sounds: tiny squeaks, coos, and grunts.


Now that is perfection. Quite a payoff for a few lost hours of sleep.

9 comments:

Angela said...

Wow. I've been so out of touch I didn't even know you were excepting. Congratulations! They are all beautiful and so grown up! How quickly time passes... Wish you all were still here.
Angela

MummyMoe said...

He's breathtaking!

Brittany Roscheck said...

So beautiful.

Constance Roscheck said...

Can't wait to meet him!

nikki said...

he is adorable, and I absolutely love reading your posts! you guys are awesome. thanks for being great examples for me.

Lara said...

I agree!!!!
Very cute pictures.

Andelin said...

Those are all my favorite things, too! Sometimes I visit your blog to get a little bit of inspiration to get me through the last 3 months. :) He is such a beautiful baby. Hope all is well with you!

rachel said...

I love ALL that hair!!

DanielLisaCaliDavidEmmaline said...

Little ones are so precious! I have our third coming next March and I am wondering how ready I am for another one. It was great to remember the fun moments of them as infants.